Thursday, June 15, 2006

This Is A Song Called Bad...


It was July 13th, 1985. I had just graduated from high school and Live Aid was the most anticipated music event in my life to that point. Woodstock had made it's impact both socially and musically, but I was two years old when that went down. A newer cable channel called MTV was planning on broadcasting most of the event. So much music, so many people coming together for such a good cause. Each performance was bigger than the last as we watched music change the world that weekend...but, the band and the moment that did it for me was U2 performing Bad. I will never forget it. The switch went off in my head...and I said to myself "yeah, it's only rock n roll, but I like it." When Bono did an improv slow dance with a woman from the crowd, I knew rock n roll had a soft heart at the center of it's hard shell. Who wouldn't want to relive that moment? We can even forgive Bono for his world class mullett. Check out the video clip.

WME

1 Comments:

Blogger Ike said...

I agree...the build up to Zep was huge and it didn't live up to hype.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home