Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It Was Twenty Years Ago Today...


In this case it actually was!...On October 2nd, 1987, I made my way into Paris from Luxembourg. Among other sites, it had always been a thought of mine to see the gravesite of Jim Morrison. It wasn't a morose attraction with cemeteries, just an appreciation for the music and the mystique of The Doors...in some ways, representing all that rock claims to be. For all it's power & peril, it does demand your attention. Rock has a role. Shameful or Shaman? I had heard so much about the location in Pere La Chaisse and Jim's cemetery plot covered in graffiti...in some ways disturbing, but fascinating and unique all at the same time.

3 Comments:

Blogger juplife said...

dude, i made the trip too. pretty crazy how many people go there to see his grave.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I recognize that photo. In fact, I think I took it! (copyrighted material, by the way...my barrister will be contacting you).

I've been poking around your blog to see what's up music-wise and hoping to get a glimpse of you (you look exactly the same!) Twenty years -- hard to believe. I'll be in touch by email soon.

Steve

5:17 AM  
Blogger Ike said...

I think the statute of limitations prevents any legal action at this point! How are you!!!! Love the fact that you left a comment...it is hard to believe it has been 20 years. Every time I see Prague as a "location" on my site stats, I think it might be you. Get in touch and we'll catch up. Hope to talk soon. Thanks again.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home