Saturday, August 11, 2007

Brooklyn Borough Rocked So Thorough...

No lifeguards were on duty at McCarren Park Pool in Brooklyn last Thursday and as a result thousands of Beastie Boys fans drowned in a sea of funky hometown beats. This show was being talked about as The Beastie's FIRST Brooklyn Show EVER!!!!...and they came prepared to rock the mic. The vibe of an outdoor show in Brooklyn added to the anticipation. From the minute they walked out on stage (in suits and ties) to the encore of No Sleep Till Brooklyn, they had us all swimming in the deep end. There are several reviews floating around out there, but better to just show how the whole scene went down. Check out this video I captured as they let the beat drop.
Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Staten,
from the Battery to the top of Manhattan,
Asian, Middle Eastern and Latin,
Black, White...New York, you make it happen.


Beasties Take The Stage
(including Root Down)


An Open Letter to NYC


Encore: Mix Master Mike (Intro) & Intergalactic



No Sleep Till Brooklyn (the crowd wanted it!)

9 Comments:

Blogger j e n n y said...

The way they came out on stage, said nothing, then Horovitz proclaiming with much soul... "HELLLOOO BROOOOKKKLLLYN!" Just made me weak in the knees. Thanks a bazillion for sharing!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW very good footage of the show. I was at the Philly show and it was amazing also. Did you get that with a camera, or a cell phone?? Its very good quality!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Ike said...

Thanks, Sophia...an amazing night. I heard they tore Philly up too! I used my Canon SD 630 Digital Camera.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up Ike! I'm bigtime jealous of you kickin' it with the Beasties on their home turf. Great footage. I'm guessing that'll make your all-time top 5 gig list. Keep up the good work.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Scarpe said...

Two Towers downs and we're still in the game!!! Man that gave me goose bumps!!!! So glad I got to see that through your lens!!!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Ike said...

Schutte...you would have loved it....they tore it up. Memorable show for sure.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Ike said...

I remeber hearing the "Two Towers down" line at the show and it gave me a minute of pause...especially how it affected New Yorkers...deep.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hellmaster Ike,
Schutte passed your fine work on the Beasties show on to me. Very cool stuff. Your site and footage are both excellent, and I will be checking in more often. Keep up the good work and Holy French Fries From Esther! --Scumbag Coplen

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, first of all, Helllllllooooooo Brooklyn! I was on the rail dead center & loving dem boys in rare form, the energy that bounce off them to the crowd vice versa was pure electric. I used to swim in dat pool & to see them there was orgasmic cat...Beasties boom!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home