Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Chasing The Police...

I was able to catch The Police at The Palace of Auburn Hills (near Detroit) last night. It has been over 20 years since I last saw them perform with The Amnesty International Conspiracy of Hope Tour. They followed U2 with an amazing performance which brought the house down. After last night's show, it is safe to say that they really haven't lost a step. Their music is as relevant as ever and they remain one of those "lightning in a bottle bands" that won't ever be repeated. Sting's voice still soars, Andy's guitar sounds commanding and strong and Stewart beats a drum like few others. One of the highlights for me last night (there were so many) was an intro of Voices inside My Head leading into When the World is Running Down. It is easy to forget how fun a concert can be when every song is a hit...lotsa nostalgia.

Here is an old video for Voices Inside My Head...


and then the same song at a small Hollywood show that announced their reunion tour.

1 Comments:

Blogger juplife said...

20 years ago eh...kind of makes me feel young

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home