Tuesday, September 19, 2006

One World Is Enough...

While I am still in the vibe of the Cibelle show from last night, I want to mention a few "world music" standouts that are more recent additions to my playlists. Reggae music is one of my favorite genres, and it is easy to just pull out some Marley, but Bedouin Soundclash delivers solid island rhythms and steady guitar with a fresh approach. At moments you will feel like the group is channeling Bob, without ripping him off. Every track on Sounding a Mosaic is solid, making it great for a nice, long drive in the car.


















Jehro is the other musician I want to note. He draws some comparisons to Jack Johnson, with a heavier emphasis on the caribbean sound and devotion to his native french lyrics. This music is simple, but it makes you feel good...good background music. Jehro's music has bit of a soundtrack feel to it...but hey, it worked out for Seu Jorge in Life Aquatic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home