Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yim Yames (MMJ) Plans G. Harrison Tribute...

The latest from Jim James (Yim Yames):
Hello friends. Just like most everyone else under this crazy dome, I have been a fan of the Beatles since early childhood... But it wasn't 'till sometime in '99 that an old pal turned me on to "All Things Must Pass" and I quickly became even more enamored with the quiet beauty and majesty of all things George Harrison. He always seemed to be a beacon of good light unto the world, accomplishing the rare task of using his massive fortune and fame to promote peace - both within and around the World. I will always look up to and see him as a prime example of the healing power of music and how, in tune with it, all is possible.

The following are a selection of George's songs I recorded back in 2001, a few days after he passed that were moving me so very much at the time... I recorded them live at above the Cadillac in Shelbyville, KY... On my cousin John's "ol faithful" Fostex 8 track reel2reel, then overdubbed a banjitar or b. vox here or there. I find comfort knowing that all things must pass, but that as all things do pass their spirits are still out there moving us somewhere... doing what they do, just as real as they ever were in this physical world... I hear them singing and I feel them in my blood.

Thanks George for helping me to understand things just a lil bit better...

- yim yames (jim james from my morning jacket)


Beginning today, you can listen to and download "Behind That Locked Door" from yimyames.com. And starting on July 7th, you'll be able to buy the EP directly from the website, and download it immediately. We'll also give you the opportunity to purchase the CD, and a limited edition vinyl of Tribute To. A portion of the proceeds from the sale will go to the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary and with your purchase of the Limited Edition Vinyl & CD, you'll also receive a t-shirt from the organization... your reminder that your money went to a good and worthy cause.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home