Monday, August 07, 2006

Lolla-Reviewza...


My feet are beat, but they carried me through the festival. I plan to keep the recap short and sweet. Lollapalooza was well-organized and an amazing weekend of music. Three days of heat, sweat and diverse music. I enjoyed the chance to catch some bands and their abbreviated sets...the plan was to learn about some smaller bands that are new to my ears. So, here is a list of bands that I will definitely be checking out again (some I have seen) when they tour the midwest. Just one man's opinion...for what it's worth.
Sound Team
Anathallo
Cold War Kids
Ohmega Watts
Mute Math
Iron & Wine
Wolfmother
The Frames
Andrew Bird (amazing whistler)
Other great highlights included a great set by My Morning Jacket, a crowd pleasing performance by The Flaming Lips, a blast from the past with The Violent Femmes and a hometown heartfelt performance by Wilco. Check out some video I took of "Jesus, Etc."


...and here is "Heavy Metal Drummer"

Tweedy was perfect...seemed to be in a great mood. Probably still feeling the excitement of watching his son, Spencer, playing drums with his band, The Blisters, on Day 1 of the fest. Tweedy was actually 15 feet away from me for that show at the Kid's Stage and he had a giant smile on his face the whole time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm the girl holding the sign at the end!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Ike said...

Very cool....loved that sign. How did you find my site?

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home