Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sometimes I Rhyme Slow...


Sometimes I Rhyme Slow is the name of a Remix Tape by Dert. Word is starting to get around about this work of art. As I said in an earlier post, I am a huge fan of Jose Gonzalez' style...but sometimes you gotta speed things up. So take that and add a twist....funky hip hop beats and some emcee magic. This sound gave me the same energy as DJ Danger Mouse's Grey Album....a combination of The Beatles White Album and Jay Z's Black Album.....get them together and look what you've got. You can order this masterpiece on iTunes or go to www.isolatedmusic.com.
This is how they describe it...
"Hip hop meets acoustic as José González’s Veneer gets reworked and blended with verses from some of today’s most elite underground and mainstream emcees (Common, Kanye, Nas and more). Taking inspiration from Nice & Smooth’s “golden-era” track of the same name, Sometimes I Rhyme Slow is a updated take on fusing acoustic guitar samples with funk, soul and breakbeats. This mixtape, while not meant to overshadow the original tracks, provides a much needed ‘feel-good’ alternative to rap’s current heavy rotation."

1 Comments:

Blogger Ike said...

Let me follow this post up with the comment that this is one of the strongest remixes I have ever heard. Get this!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home